Job Title: Laboratory Solutions Specialist - IT & Workflow
Requisition ID: 184577BR
When you are a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $35 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location - UK Remote
How will you make an impact?
The Laboratory Solutions Specialist – IT and Workflow will work with highly complex and fully integrated in-vitro diagnostic instrumentation. You will be part of a team of skilled individuals that are committed to supporting our customers on instrumentation, middleware, and their network.
You will be empowered to develop ideas, build processes and new ways of working.
Within this role, you will be the subject matter expert for the Phadia data management software, remote diagnostic tools/services, laboratory information system interfacing and Laboratory Automation System integrations. You will enable our customer's success through laboratory workflow analysis.
This role is heavily engaged with knowledge transfer to local teams, protecting the base by creating added customer value for our Phadia laboratory system users. Additionally, you have the opportunity to develop compliant processes alongside European and Global colleagues around IT security.
Travel around the region up to 65% of the time with occasional travel to other parts of Europe and possibly Globally.
What will you do?
IT and Systems
- Be the authority for network/system architecture for current and future Phadia Laboratory Systems, data-management solutions & remote diagnostic services. This includes network/system architecture planning, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Take the lead in answering any customer requested documentation on GDPR and Cyber-Security compliance.
- Training of other customer support personnel on IT / systems to improve the knowledge base of the technical services team.
- Be the local Product Owner for Phadia data-management solutions and remote diagnostic services and provide added value to our customers through a utilization data reporting system. Be able to deliver technical presentations on these and support commercialisation of the IT portfolio.
- Lead new implementations of interfaces at customer laboratories, remote diagnostic approvals and installations and Laboratory Automation System (LAS) integrations.
- Work closely with the customer's IT/LIS personnel, laboratory staff and cross functionally across the commercial organisation.
- Develop processes and help standardise our approach– balancing customer needs with provision of a secure IT environment for the Phadia Laboratory Systems, in order to protect the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Help keep Thermo Fisher Scientific ahead of the curve by keeping up to date with developments in the marketplace, maintaining awareness of IT security threats and leading projects to protect against these.
- Work with the Head of Technical Services and Global Service teams to develop short and long term action plans for roll-out of new IT solutions, IT corrective and preventive actions and service bulletins.
- Continually set the standard on our efforts to maintain compliance to baseline standards that exist across the region.
- Input into the technical content required for contract tender submissions and develop effective customer technical communications as-and-when required, including training material, support literature and technical guidance for internal and external use.
- Be the ‘Voice of the Customer, providing customer insight and feedback to our Phadia Centre of Excellence.
Workflow and Utilisation
- In collaboration with Applications Specialists, System Specialists and the Sales team, you will provide support and guidance to laboratory customers on optimal use of the Phadia Laboratory Systems, to drive their efficiency.
- As and when required, provide second line technical support to customers and internal staff on Phadia Laboratory Solutions
- Support Clinical and Laboratory Sales colleagues to develop business opportunities.
- Work towards achieving goals and improving the customer experience.
How will you get here?
- Qualification in IT, Computer information systems or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in an IT environment ideally within a lab or a hospital
- Knowledge of Clinical Systems within a Hospital Environment and how this links to Primary care would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience networking, systems integration and IT security.
- Strong communication and documentation skills – including good presentation skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-start in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of the implementation of hardware firewall solutions, would be desirable.
- A solid understanding of GDPR compliance within a Laboratory Environment.
- Candidates with LIMS/LAS experience are particularly desirable.
What's in it for you:
Competitive base salary
Private medical insurance
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English. Apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/Reference: 184577BR, please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website