We are searching for an Engineering Technician who will assemble standard components creating customer specific drawings and complete new mechanical designs for bioprocessing equipment. This job includes review of customer product specifications and translating to a product drawing. These products include large scale bioreactors, mixers, controllers and holding tanks for fluid transfer in manufacturing of biologics.
- Provide customer facility layout drawings.
- Create new mechanical drawings to add to the existing product lines.
- Basic drafting of mechanical components for final design.
- Updating existing components/assemblies under the direction of engineering manager.
- Operate within PDM Enterprise drawing database to check drawings in and out maintaining accurate drawing revisions and histories.
- Utilize Master Control to create, pull, and submit release specifications and complete training.
- Participate in Staff Meetings for project pipeline and awareness of drawings needed.
- Coordinates necessary drawing revisions, specifications and work instructions as applicable.
- Drafting certificate or equivalent and one (1) year drafting and design experience or
- four (4) years drafting and design experience.
- Ability to create/modify drawings based on daily expectations while maintaining quality of work.
- Competent and proficient in SolidWorks.
- Competent and proficient in AutoCAD
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality to our customers.
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Competence in Microsoft and other office application software
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail.
- Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines.
- Understanding of Oracle programs
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website