Suzhou, or/and Shanghai
This position will be expected to lead the systems design and solutions for both new development of complex, scientific & industrial instrumentation and the sustainment of existing Thermo Fisher Scientific products.
- Provide systems engineering leadership and coordinate to a cross-functional product development team in systems architecture and design.
- Augment marketing to gather and clarify customer needs. Develop system level specifications that supports those needs, and flow those specs into subsystem specifications.
- Develop systems proposals, perform feasibility analysis, generate functional and physical decompositions, define system architectures, and determine costs & benefits of candidate architectures.
- Quickly prototype sub-systems for feasibility studies & provide in-depth analyses of their capabilities.
- Ensure product quality by leading design FMEAs, by developing Verification & Validation plans, and/or reviewing those V&V plans developed by the team.
- Manage system requirements and traceability matrices to ensure the design achieves all the requirements.
- Work with the project manager to assure projects are delivered on-time, to specification and at or below target cost.
- Provide smooth cross-function interfaces to manufacturing, sourcing, operations, quality, service and global R&D team, as well as external interface to suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Specify and develop improvements or enhancements to existing products and champion implementation if necessary.
- Manage medium to large sized projects without supervision.
- Mentor and develop junior and senior engineers.
- Recognized BS (Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry) with minimum 12 years of, MS with minimum 9 years of, or PhD with minimum 6 years of related experience in industry developing instrumentation.
- Adept at modeling, simulation, and data analysis & acquisition tools, such as MATLAB, Python, Excel VB, LabView, ANSYS etc.
- Demonstrated strong experience in product requirements break-down into systems, subsystems, modules and/or cross functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with analytical techniques (e.g. GC, LC, UV, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong expertise in applying DFx (manufacturability, assembly, serviceability, safety, cost) knowledge to system & sub-systems designs in mechanical, electronics, software/firmware.
- Demonstrated strong ability to provide solid solutions to complex problems using modern methods & tools, such as: Design of Experiment (DOE), FMEA, RCA, sensitivity analysis, SPC, etc.
- Hands-on ability in prototyping, system integration, & debug of complex instrumentation, including optical, electrical, mechanical, and software components
- Good soft skills for working with cross functional, multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, including providing technical updates for executives from many countries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English & Chinese.
- Motivated self-starter, and agile learner
- Able to flex between working individually or leading junior & senior engineers
- Strong scientific analytical instrument background;
- Demonstrated success in developing & launching new products.
Apply on company website