When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Operates machinery to make part to print specification. Shake out and stack parts as needed. Maintains order discipline, ensure quality parts are made and delivered to production lines. Reads and interprets specifications and drawings along with visual inspection of assembly for quality standards. Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
What will you do?
- Reads and interprets specifications and drawings along with visual inspection of assembly for quality standards. Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained. References work instructions and reviews print specifications to determine proper materials and set-up to accomplish production requirements.
- Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained. Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory. Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets.
- Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs. Works with production personnel, other operators, Supervisor and/or the engineering staff to troubleshoot problems.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
Relocation assistance can be provided for qualified candidates.
How will you get here?
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
- 3- 6 month manufacturing experience preferred.
- Local applicants only
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82401754
Apply on company website