When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pharmaceutical Services Group – Greenville
How will you make an impact?
Provides technical and administrative managerial leadership to the Steriles Commercial Technical Support group.
What will you do?
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Ensures department directives are met and customer project timelines and goals are on target.
- Leads, plans, manages, and coordinates activities necessary to provide customer technical support.
- Evaluates production efficiencies, variances, and procedures on a continuous basis for process improvement.
- Drives on time completion of deviations, Correct Action Plans (CAPA's), Work Order Updates, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Revisions, Audit Responses, Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) and other department deliverable.
- Manages and supervises technical resources by appropriately budgeting to meet operational needs.
- Assesses technical responses to questions/issues raised by regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA and USP). Serves as a subject matter expert for sterile operations.
- Establishes an environment conducive to continuous efficiency monitoring that reduces the variable standard cost.
- Manages the administrative aspects of the group by ensuring the preparation of performance plans, job descriptions, and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Includes hiring, rewarding and disciplining staff as required, providing an environment that fosters teamwork and assigning responsibility and accountability at proper levels.
- Manages all work commitments with production personnel. Provides guidance to staff in technical and management issues. Ensures proper response and methods are used on all situations that may occur.
- Supports development and implementation of strategic plans that will grow the business with existing customers and potential new customers. Supports strategic planning for the company by identifying capital needs, efficiency improvements, and long-term growth plans based upon the company's financial objectives.
- Provides resources to identify and execute the activities necessary to accomplish process technology transfer of new products to the division. Provides leadership and technical expertise in the development of the manufacturing relationship with outside clients and facilitating the technology transfer process.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree required with a major in Science or Engineering is preferable.
Seven (7) years of progressive experience within Sterile Pharmaceutical environment, preferable
In addition to four (4) years of leadership/supervisory experience, preferred.
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge in GMP's and FDA regulations
- Strong decision making skills.
- Highly effective verbal and technical written communication skills and the ability to negotiate a diversity of issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, including tact to handle sensitive matters.
- Ability to resolve customer requests independently.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve goals and expectations.
- Ability to resolve issues independently, and to engage others as needed in a productive / constructive manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sterile production operations. Experience working on broad multidisciplinary teams and/or groups.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable
- Strong computer/ software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Highly effective verbal and technical written communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82425668
Apply on company website