As our Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, you will inspire the activities of our manufacturing engineering team which involves analytical problem solving with project management and technical support in the manufacturing of powder and liquid growth media and supplement products. Oversee the development and implementation of manufacturing processes for successful product manufacturing.
Working with a team in a global and highly matrixed organization, ensuring development and implementation of product / process understanding and equipment, resulting in delivery of high quality products within the Cell Culture Cell Therapy (CCCT) Network.
You will be leading a team of Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Sciences Scientists.
You will be part of the Site Leadership Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Operations (Site Leader). This key leadership role will be accountable for leading, managing and allocating resources within the manufacturing engineering team, delivering on technical projects, new equipment procurement, manufacturing equipment technical support, new product introductions, product transfers, validations, quality compliance, process improvements, CAPA's, and supporting ongoing manufacturing.
What will you do?
You will drive project management to the next level, by securing cross-functional cooperation locally and globally with accountability in delivering the right projects timely and within budget. Key to this position is Role Model Leadership, high-level Project Management skills and ability to balance local day-to-day support with manufacturing and other key stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities:
Provide leadership and direction for Manufacturing Engineering covering:
- New projects: Equipment, Process and Product
- Sustaining, optimization, validations, investigations and compliance
- Reviewing, evaluating and implementing engineering changes and specification requirements.
- Ensuring that project / department / milestones / goals are met and adhering to approved budgets and timelines.
Member of Site Leadership Team
• Drive manufacturing engineering technical content, and creating the engineering standard work consistent with engineering best practices for product / process design and development, delivering projects efficiently within time and budget.
• Be a change agent at the highest level, and drive engagement of your team
• Secure development of critical core competencies
• Cooperate with key stakeholders on site and globally within the CCCT and matrix-organization
• Communicate, execute and report on project plans and KPI's
• Ensure safety awareness is a top priority in your team's daily work and in the projects
• Budget control in own functional department
Who we are looking for:
A highly motivated and technically strong engineer with strong people management / cross functional collaboration skills who can drive performance and accountability through front line visionary leadership.
Furthermore, you should have:
• 5+ years of Engineering management experience in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment, preferably including management of direct reports.
• Demonstrated cultural change (higher level of responsibility, accountability and engagement)
• Demonstrated success in delivering commitments, building high performing team
• Clear and efficient communication skills – on all levels in the organization
• Can work “hands-on”, tactical and strategic with strong analytical skills
• Bachelor in an Engineering or Science related discipline (i.e. Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, etc.) – Masters is preferred
• Strong in Lean Manufacturing principles, Six Sigma and/or other effective methods and tools to drive towards high levels of operational excellence or continuous improvement
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Life technologies, Gibco, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82438662
Apply on company website