The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the manufacturing processes for our remote Sera Field operations in North America, based in Grand Island, NY. This position is responsible for meeting EHS, quality, production, financial targets. This role will execute strategic and tactical activities to sustain strong business performance and positive work environment. Solid analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate and drive shifts in focus and priorities to sustain great performance are required.
• Lead remote team of 15-20 direct reports to meet or exceed operational goals in safety, quality, availability, cost, productivity and inventory
• Manage process improvements within scope of responsibility, utilizing PPI, 5S, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
• Create work center performance goals and leads team towards achieving those goals using employee participation
• Lead and promote process improvement initiatives to drive strong performance in safety, product quality, and finance and process efficiency
• Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence
• Ensures effective performance evaluations are prepared and delivered for all employees
• Develops talent within the organization including regularly meeting with employees and assisting in the creation of individual development plans
• Coach and mentor staff to elevate overall performance and achieve departmental goals and objectives
• Makes technical and business risk decisions under real-time pressure
• Has accountability for department operations when Senior Manager is not on site
• Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to
• Acts as subject matter expert during customer and regulatory agency audits
• Drives implementation of corrective and preventive actions to address internal and external audit observations
• Interacts with diverse internal functional groups to solve moderately complex problems
• Initiates investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents. Identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions
- Travel required ~25%-40% of time
• Bachelor's degree preferably in business/biology/agricultural sciences
• 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment with at least 3 years in a supervisory position
• Strong leadership abilities with capability to leverage diverse resources, respond quickly, understand impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement, build collaborative relationships and understand customer's needs
• Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with individuals at all levels and functions of the organization
• Practical application experience of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing or other process improvement methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to lead people, work effectively with cross functional teams, and to facilitate cooperation across functional boundaries
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in your career.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website