When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Is member of the Operations team at Thermo Fisher Scientific in Richardson, TX. Our factory produces low-volume, high complexity nanoProbing products for semiconductor customers. A primary focus of the Manufacturing Systems Engineer is to provide quality test and technical support in order to enable efficient solutions to problems in Manufacturing and Supply chain. The position closely interfaces with various functions to solve complex problems and to ensure that system specifications are met for product shipment to customers. The Manufacturing Systems Engineer is also responsible for smooth introduction of new products into the factory and field as well as the ongoing improvement of products and the processes used to manufacture and service them. The MSE collaborates closely with Manufacturing, Engineering, Applications, and groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific to ensure products are meeting quality standards, at lowest COGS, and in line with best practices. Throughout the lifecycle of our products, the Manufacturing Systems Engineer implements quality, cost, and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction. This position is located in Richardson, TX.
What will you do?
- Perform hands-on assembly, testing and training of personnel as required during project work (i.e., assembly, test or measurement, troubleshooting).
- Performs initial system testing and bring up of Manufactured nanoProbing systems to ensure quality of system before hand off to Applications.
- Works on New Product Introduction (NPI) projects as they transition from initiation through release according to Product Management Process (PMP).
- Provide technical product sustaining support from product release into manufacturing through end of service.
- Develop and maintain technical product and process documentation through ECO process.
- Design tools and test fixtures.
- Provide technical support to the factory, to ensure that systems are shipping on-time to customers and are meeting all quality standards.
- Support the supply chain with engineering expertise. This includes the analysis of parts for reliability, manufacturability, vendor qualification support and supplier technical quality issues.
- Works with New Product Development (NPD) team to define, negotiate and agree on manufacturing and service requirements for new designs. Participates in design reviews and supplier approval process for new designs.
- Creates manufacturing process for new products and preventative maintenance plan for product support in the field. May design tooling required for manufacturing and service to meet cycle time and tool availability requirements.
- Develops advanced troubleshooting procedures, and may lead troubleshooting in factory or field.
- Participates in cross-functional and cross-site improvement projects for products and processes. May provide input or execute engineering changes to support factory and service as needed.
- Develops close and positive relationships with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Applications to adequately resolve process inefficiencies.
- Brings Practical Process Improvement (PPI) thinking to assignments continuously drive improvement
- Adheres to work safety, fire safety, hygiene of work and other regulatory standards. Clean and maintain work area and consigned tools
How will you get here?
University degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or a combination of technical education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Willingness to work in high-tech industrial manufacturing environment
- Must demonstrate ability to create technical documentation, procedures, and engineering reports
- Demonstrate ability to provide analysis of data and basic experimental methods, test protocols, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of key technologies including vacuum, motion control, charged particle optics and material selection
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement/problem solving methods
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, Visio, etc.) to analyze, organize, and communicate data/information throughout the organization in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (0-25%)
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience with use of statistical process control, statistical problem-solving methods, FMEA, Six-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, etc.
- Understanding and experience with utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to drive efficient and controlled manufacturing
- Experience in new product introduction for manufacturing and/or service organization
- Experience in bringing technology solutions to improving the quality, efficiency, and cost of manufacturing
- Experience in semiconductor capital equipment manufacturing
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website