About Thermo Fisher Scientific NZ
Over 350 employees bring a wide variety of skills and expertise to deliver world-class science products and solutions. Our manufacturing and distribution sites in Auckland and Christchurch (and satellite sites scattered across the country) cover a vast product portfolio, including lab equipment and chemicals, life sciences, diagnostics, microbiology and analytical instruments. We deliver science solutions to a wide range of key markets such as academia and research; diagnostics and healthcare; environmental; food, dairy and beverage; industrial process; life sciences; pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical.
Reports to: Supervisor
Position Location: Penrose
Number of Direct Reports: NA
How you'll make an impact:
- Work as part of a motivated, dynamic and diverse team to manufacture products that are used in the process of drug manufacturing to improve the human condition and ultimately save lives.
What will you do?
- Day-to-day production activities in conformance with specifications, standard operating procedures, and cGMP/ISO principles.
- In-process sampling and monitoring to assure batches meet specification.
- Record information in real-time, accurate, legible and correct to guarantee traceability of Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs) and QC test sheets.
- Trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues with the assistance of others.
- Review and edit manufacturing documentation including batch manufacturing records (BMRs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Share your ideas for practical process improvement to advance quality, enhance customer allegiance and improve productivity.
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace by adhering to EHS policies and procedures.
How will you get here?
- Natural communicator, both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proactive, anticipate needs
- Motivated to get the job done and motivates others
- Takes ownership
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Ability to multi-task
- Interpersonal skills – Relates openly, comfortably and professionally with diverse groups of people.
- Teamwork/Cooperation – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Embraces process improvement – Embraces continuous improvement by using company process improvements tools to improve processes and solve problems.
- Problem solving/decision making – Seeks appropriate data and utilises available problem solving tools before making decisions.
- Focuses on growth – Works to meet business goals set by management.
- Academic qualifications – NCEA Level Two, or Sixth Form Certificate, with some Science and Mathematics related subjects, or a tertiary qualification preferably in Science.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or laboratory environment is preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
What will put you ahead of the competition?
- Experience with cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Flexibility in hours of work, including overtime.
What's in it for you?
- Annual bonus scheme and health insurance
- Work within a strong culture of process improvement
- Opportunity to be part of project team(s)
- Embedded and mature quality system
- Drive your own professional development through our career framework, in-house training and online learning.
Apply on company website