When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Our company is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Manufacturing Technician II to carry out various assembly tasks in a production lab. The ideal candidate will have electrical and mechanical assembly experience, excellent communication skills and be proficient in reading and understanding wiring diagrams, pinout instructions, engineering drawings, and assembly instructions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the manufacturing, testing, and quality of mechanical and electrical products sold by Thermo Fisher Scientific EFA Richardson, TX Division.
How will you get here?
Associate degree in an Electronics or Technology field and/or 10 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A minimum of 10 years' experience assembling and troubleshooting complex, detailed, electrical and mechanical components and systems.
- Experience in a production-oriented environment; specially following standard operating procedures and manufacturing schedules.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Fluently speak, read, and write English
- Able to work sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Capable of lifting 35 pounds unassisted
- Have appropriate visual acuity and hand/eye coordination to assemble, manipulate, and test small, precision electronic and mechanical components.
- Experience using optical microscope for assembly of small components.
- Experience using a SEM or FIB for inspection.
- The ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, pinout instructions, engineering drawings, and assembly instructions.
- Proficient with standard electronic assembly and testing equipment including, but not limited to soldering irons, multimeters, crimp tools, torque tools, etc.
- Candidate that's detail oriented, a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with quality management systems and safety programs.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website