Position Summary: Strategic Marketing Manager, Field and Safety Instruments
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission: we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. With revenues in excess of $35 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we are uniquely positioned to provide our employees with the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information:
The Field and Safety Instrument (FSI) business manufactures and markets a leading portfolio of instruments designed to make the world safer, serving global customers across Industrial & Applied, Pharma & Biotech, Government and Healthcare end markets. Leveraging a wide variety of technology platforms for molecular, elemental and radiological analysis, the business's diverse portfolio of field-based products enables productivity for customers with real-time, easy-to-understand answers. The FSI Product Management and Marketing teams are charged with ensuring the success of the overall product portfolio.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a Strategic Marketing Manager to lead our field and safety applications global market development and product marketing activities. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for setting the strategic market development direction and implementation of product marketing activities supporting our core and/or new markets within field and safety hand-held analytical instruments. As the bridge between product management and downstream marketing, the successful candidate will also drive all critical aspects in marketing ensure the business unit develops the strongest market presence and penetration.
This position is based remotely in the US with a preference of Eastern or Midwestern cities.
What will you do?
- Serves as the marketing lead for the business unit, providing leadership in the areas of market development and product marketing in core or new markets.
- Identifies new market and customer opportunities through best practice methodologies including research, Voice of Customer, competitive intelligence and other relevant market data intelligence.
- Recommends new market requirements through the synthesis of conclusions from such research and communicate key findings to influence the product management and R&D roadmap and other action.
- Leads or supports market sizing, segmentation, share-of-wallet strategies and competitive intelligence efforts.
- Communicates strategic analyses and recommendations based on information including but not limited to market intelligence, pricing, regulatory, and other drivers in order to understand barriers to entry for the business.
- Drives or guides messaging, creative content, positioning, pricing, market introduction, sales tools and enablement, and promotion plans conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation.
- Partners with Product Management and Downstream Marketing to develop and guide the staging and pacing of marketing tactical programs.
- Interact and engages with varying levels of internal and external personnel including customers, industry partners, and key opinion leaders.
- Analyzes the assigned markets and verticals in order to provide strategic insights on the needs related to our customers and in collaboration with Commercial and Product Management teams. Creates actionable plans to ensure competitive advantages.
- Contributes to the annual Marketing Plans, Regional Plans, Annual Operating Plans and product management roadmap prioritization.
- Supports regional marketing strategy and sales tactics rollouts.
- Bachelor's degree required in business, marketing, or scientific field; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years' experience in market access, market development, product marketing, product management or consulting roles; Product Marketing or market development experience in life sciences industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in market strategy development.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships with customers, industry partners and key opinion leaders.
- Skilled in leveraging financial acumen, analytical reasoning, market and competitor knowledge to develop new market strategy plans.
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to travel up to 10-25%.
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website