When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
- Preparation of buffers and media from small scale < 1L to as large as 2000L bulk preps
- Review Buffer and Media request log daily
- Prioritize solution preparations, determined by due date and importance
- Prepare solutions according to DOP's (Development Operating Procedures) with quality and consistency
- Provide development support to engineers/scientists by working directly with Engineers to develop solutions (molarity) and specifications for pH and conductivity
- Update data in tracking sheets and report any Out of Specification results
- Participate in investigations associated with commercial and development solutions
- Work individually and with a small team
- Responsible for completing workload and projects to team
- Ensure all activities are consistent with schedule and all deadlines are met
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Computer literate and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Must possess the ability to:
- Read, write and speak English
- Lift, push and pull up to 30-40 pounds consistently; May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work overtime, as required
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Team leader or supervisory experience
- A thorough understanding and ability to operate in an aseptic environment
- Generalized understanding of health and safety hazards in the presence of caustics and acids
- Background and experience in using pipettes, pH meters, conductivity meters, densitometers and spectrophotometers
- An understanding of general chemistry techniques including the following: Molar mass, density, weighing and dispensing, filtration, titrations
- The ability to trend and document buffer data using pH and conductivity
- Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Proficient multi-tasking and time management skills
- Willing to take initiative and work both individually, and part of a small team
- Work primarily at customer locations, in and around laboratory environments
- Extensive walking is required
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include safety glasses, lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website