Medical Science Liaison – Transplant Diagnostics
Req ID: 110056BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location: East Coast - Remote
How will you make an impact?
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for educating across the continuum of customers (transplant physicians, clinicians, transplant coordinators, hospital executives and administrators, hospital laboratories, channel partners, professional organizations, etc.) on transplant patient care applicable to the use of the MMDX diagnostic assay for monitoring transplant recipients for organ rejection. The MSL will be familiar with current protocols and best practices of post-transplant patient management and use their expertise to educate the Customer on how these diagnostic tests are useful in clinical evaluation of patient care. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of internal and external customer relationships in assigned geographic areas, maintaining a high level of customer service, and demonstrating accountability for their part in the entire corporate growth objective. In this capacity, the Medical Science Liaison serves as the post-transplant diagnostic liaison and assay clinical expert for internal and external clients and home office personnel.
What will you do?
- Develops and maintains respectful relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, and other influencers within the field of transplantation.
- Interacts with a wide range of external thought leaders such as physicians, pharmacists, and allied healthcare professionals to provide appropriate scientific exchange (fair-balanced scientific and technical assay and disease state information) on behalf of TMO.
- Provide on-site clinical support to channel partners through customer meetings, presentation and clinical evaluations
- Identifies potential opportunities with leading researchers in the field as consultants and for future research projects.
- Effectively develops and manages demand generation and clinical awareness aspects of regional account development plan.
- Evaluates and administers external requests for research, training, and continuing nursing/medical education.
- Works corroboratively with channel partners to provide clinical, technical and scientific training on clinical applications, programs and issues.
- Ensures compliance of activities with TMO's policies as well as pertinent local, state, and federal regulations.
- Interact as a field expert with other functional areas in the company to develop a thorough exchange of planning information between customers and these business areas.
- Interact as a consulting expert with customers to assist in the development of pathways/ protocols to improve clinical practice.
- Interact effectively with Channel Partners when necessary to support the goals of company business.
- The job holder is responsible at all times for representing the organization in a professional manner; for monitoring processes and procedures; and suggesting amendments or improvements.
How will you get here?
- A 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Health Science field is required (RN, PA, NP, CS, PharmD, Rph). Nursing Associate degree with accompanying RN certification from an accredited program may be acceptable with non-nursing bachelor degree. Masters degree desired 3-5 years previous Healthcare Industry experience required, preferably in the transplant area
- 3-5 years Hospital experience required in (any) ICU and or ED relevant function (RN, PA, NP, CS, PharmD, Rph)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73676874
Apply on company website