When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Molecular Biology Scientist, Clinical Vertical R&D, will have responsibility in planning and executing for scientific activities in the research and development of in clinically oriented products. Housed within the Genetic Sciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the successful candidate will contribute to R&D projects on microbial detection and work collaboratively with product management, bioinformatics, manufacturing, and other R&D teams to take new assay products and applications through concept, feasibility, development, and commercialization.
What will you do?
- Involved in research and development activities through all phases of product development
- Interact cross-functionally to define and develop products, transfer new designs to manufacturing,
- Follow product development timelines and prioritize efforts to deliver on commitments
- Work in a fast-paced environment with supportive teammates
- Hands on in the lab (including a BSL2 lab), design and execute studies, and perform troubleshooting
- Perform sample extraction and operate instrumentation including qPCR and liquid handling systems
- Summarize experiments in PowerPoint for presentation at group meetings and prepare study reports
- Maintain good documentation, including lab notebook, experiment tracking and project folders
How will you get here?
- MS or PhD in Life Sciences or related subject
- 5+ years' experience in molecular diagnostic assay development (Could be in LDT, CE-IVD or IVD space)
- Hands-on experience in diagnostic molecular methods with expertise in technologies including qPCR, and Sanger sequencing
- Familiarity with diagnostic methods for infectious diseases
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining CE-IVD and/or FDA clearance/approval of In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products, preferably in molecular diagnostics
- Experience of product development process and demonstrated track record for product development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a cross functional team including R&D, Software, Product Managers, Manufacturing and external partners is essential
- Demonstrated self-motivation, problem solving ability, organizational skills, thoughtful and detail-oriented quality
- Driven to deliver quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website