When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of over $32 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information:
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront of our leading and cutting edge Cell and Gene Therapy business enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases
- This position will be based at our Cambridge, MA site
- Night Shift Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating Shift (2/2/3 format) 7PM-7AM
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Science and Technology Technical Support Lead is the front line of technical leadership for commercial gene therapy manufacturing. On-the-floor support of GMP manufacturing operations to drive program delivery including troubleshooting and technical guidance. Success in this role means that patients will receive an entire new generation of life saving gene therapy medications.
What will you do?
- Provide technical leadership for manufacturing operations teams and support functions.
- Collaborate and drive real-time troubleshooting and root cause identification.
- Contribute as an expert to grow process knowledge and understanding across the site.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities throughout the organization.
- Be a leader in environment, health & safety best practices.
How will you get here?
- B.S. in chemical/biomedical/manufacturing engineering, molecular biology/virology or a related field
- 6+ years experience in GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Skilled at clear technical communication to diverse stakeholders.
- Practical knowledge of biologics manufacturing including technical topics and regulatory expectations.
- Troubleshooting and analysis skills with ability to guide others in solving complex technical issues.
- Ability to gown and enter controlled space.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $32 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply on company website