When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) brings incredible core strength to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
North America Sales Training Program Manager
As a member of the Training team, reporting to Global Director Sales Force development, this role will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of innovative and engaging training programs. The program will enable our sales teams to sell effectively and consistently. This individual will focus initially on the onboarding of new hires as well as growth and development of seasoned team members. This position will support the development and execution of the sales training and on boarding curriculum for the North America region. Working closely with commercial leaders, global sales enablement leaders, marketing leaders and regional training counterparts; the position will assess the most critical sales enablement needs and help develop and execute plans that successfully deliver training goals. In addition, this role will help coordinate curriculum integration with the 6 divisions of LSG to ensure consistency and measured approach to sales training and enablement.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to play a key role developing an improved sales training program in a high-growth, innovative company.
- Collaborate with commercial sales leadership in the Americas to support development of a North America sales training strategy and curriculum that is standardized and scalable globally to enhance the organization's sales capabilities to drive sales performance and results
- Collaborate with the global/regional sales enablement and training organizations to support development of an annual training plan, adapt global initiatives and resources to Americas regional needs, assess the effectiveness of the current approach to training and implement suggestions to improve
- Help support best practice sharing methodologies across division and regional training resources
- Support development of KPI's and training metrics that demonstratives definable ROI to the organization
- Assist and supervise development and creation of training material to support curriculum that includes E-learns, WebEx and In-Person training
- Develop assessment modules of skill sets across the curriculum
- Make recommendations and support the development of training plans which appropriately include sales skills (sales methodology,) business acumen and product training
- Utilize approved sales process and methodologies and professional learning resources to create balanced learning maps for main sales functions.
- Continually assess curriculum and make improvement recommendations to leadership
- Facilitate and deliver the sales training and onboarding curriculum as defined by the annual training plan via the web, e-learning platform and classroom. Support development of role play and practical application scenarios across curriculum
- Assist in tracking sales training program KPI's and metrics to drive change and results.
- Analyze metrics to assess that effectiveness. Report North America metrics to sales leadership as well as other internal stakeholders to highlight training effectiveness
- Develop annual training schedule for NA region and ensure that training schedule is communicated appropriately
- Develop agendas for in-person training and communicate appropriately
- Collaborate with the NA regional sales enablement organization to ensure employees are equipped to utilize CRM and other sales enablement tools and reports to drive results
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Sales Training, Sales Training Management, Learning & Development in a corporate environment
- Instructional design experience including content development, delivery and program evaluations; preferably in sales
- Experience in designing and developing content for E-Learning, virtual and remote learning, and in-person instructor-led training
- Preferred experience in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Diagnostics Industries, having both sales and sales training experience in those industry a plus
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to learn complex business model to appropriately understand the needs of the division, each of the Business Units, and the supporting Sales processes
- Experience with sales skills methodologies and long-term strategic planning a plus
- Must have the vision and capability to develop training programs that translate strategy into actionable programs
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment supporting a commercial team
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website