This position is for 1st shift, 8 hours
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Sets-up, operates, adjusts, maintains and cleans all equipment required to inspect, label and package products according to work orders, standard operating procedures and manuals. Assists in guidance of other team members as required.
What will you do?
- Demonstrates quality consciousness daily by ensuring correctness on all in-process and completed work.
- Changes tape on tape machine, adjusts cartoner, tray packer inkjet machines and labelers. Set-ups and challenges Vision system. Set-ups bar code readers and challenge systems. Loads equipment with correct components; changes inserts on cartoner. Operates packaging line efficiently. Clears and cleans equipment as required before and after all operations. Performs change over on AVI equipment. Capability to operate and set up Optel Serialization equipment. Assist with mechanics with PMs on area equipment. Set up, operate and trouble shoot Optima Washer, Wilco Vial Integrity machine, Seidenader Visual Inspection Machines, Debrico Inspection equipment and Brooks Coder/Tray Loader.
- Sets-up, cleans and adjusts inspection, labeling and packaging equipment as required for proper operation, including change-over.
- Performs preventive maintenance including lubrication, fluid level checks and wear inspection, etc.
- Clears jams and resolves minor problems. Clears and cleans equipment as required before and after all operations
- Documents set-up activities on both logbooks and batch records.
- Guides and assists checker operators in the efficient and proper operation of equipment. Interacts with other packaging personnel to contribute positively to the orderly and efficient operation of the area.
- Identifies major equipment problems in a timely fashion and alert mechanic for assistance. Reports any irregularities observed during the inspection, labelling and packaging processes to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required by the job or directed by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some pharmaceutical production experience preferred
- Knowledge of appropriate training plans, departmental procedures, including that of equipment, processes, equipment set-ups and changeovers.
- Work overtime or shift as required. Good attendance. Pass security clearance for controlled drugs. Demonstrated mechanical inclination and computer skills.
- Skill in reading, basic math and maintaining accurate records.
- Show initiative and ability to follow directions. Good judgement. Attention to detail and alertness.
- Ability to identify machine or process problems.
- Demonstrates punctuality and sense of responsibility through adherence to department attendance guidelines.
- Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about production floor; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82423738
Apply on company website