Entry level position into the Packaging/ Labeling department. The associate will develop mandatory skills for continued employment at ThermoFisher. These skills include learning paperwork, basic packaging/ labeling skills, and demonstration of an excellent work ethic, ability to grow with the team, communication skills, and ability to follow direction. Excelling in this position will allow for upward mobility within the department.
- General assembly of Thermo Fisher products. This includes (but is not limited to) processing work orders, building kits, labeling products, printing and folding instruction booklets, and assisting other Packaging Associates with completing work orders.
- Set up and operate packaging and labeling equipment.
- Process label work orders for manufacturing departments, travelers, and any other documents that require printing.
- Print labels using the approved label software.
- Create and print spec sheets and CofA's. Get the appropriate approvals before printing.
- Process jobs utilizing less complex equipment – pipetters, shrink wrapping, automated labelers, etc.
- Complete required paperwork related to Packaging/ Labeling - Batch Record Sheets, Engineering Change Notices, deviations, Traveler, Antibody Template, label documents, Bill of Materials audits etc.
- Develop and understand material process flow. This includes knowledge of Raw Material, staging, Work In Process, paperwork, storage areas, general production steps.
- Process jobs independently or in a team.
- Assist in Quality Control/Peer Review with in-process inspections and finished goods inspections.
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Cross train and help in other departments, as needed.
- The associate may be asked to undertake a Packaging/ Labeling Technician II skill set, which enables their upward mobility.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Promote a constructive working environment by building and maintaining positive relationships with co-workers.
- Other tasks, p.r.n., as determined by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Print out Batch Record Sheets, if applicable.
- High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 4 months experience in a biochemical/pharmaceutical packaging environment, preferred.
- Individual should be able to handle working in a fast paced environment
-Must be able to work within a team towards common goals
-Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a variety of environments
-Must be able to work within a controlled environment (clean room, etc)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask – organize/process several jobs at once
- Drive towards continual personal and departmental improvement
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment when required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand/walk
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73547854
Apply on company website