Role description: Procure to Pay Regional Process Leader, Europe
Reports to: Global Program Leader - Source to Pay
Job band 8
Location: Budapest, Hungary or Paisley Scotland
Thermo Fisher Scientific is undertaking a multiyear project to establish world class Procure to Pay (PTP) processes in a complex international and system environment. This major transformation program will establish standard end to end processes, new technologies and create or change existing organizational structures. The Procure to Pay processes being developed include purchasing, all aspects of accounts payable, vendor master data processes and supplier enablement. The Regional Process Owner (RPO) is the regional leader responsible for the implementation, adoption, overall performance and continuous improvement of the PTP process in the region. The RPO plays a critical role in ensuring that global PTP processes are effective and support business objectives in the region assigned.
This requires robust process and modern system solutions, with a specific architectural approach allowing flexibility and scalability, integrating commercial solutions that support evolving business, regulatory, supplier and internal customer requirements in an environment that includes organic growth and growth through acquisition.
Role and responsibility
- Works with regional business, functional, country and process leaders to align strategies and priorities in developing and improving PTP design.
- Works with other regional process leaders to ensure alignment and prioritization of all regional initiatives.
- Works with the PTP global process leader and sub process leaders to develop and improve global design. Stays current with global process and technology trends and innovations, especially in regionally specific applications. Represents and advocates for regional business requirements in global design.
- Works with the regional business, functional, country and process leaders to implement the global E2E PTP process including assessing, collecting and validating the regional business and regulatory requirements. Partners with key stakeholders to plan, build, test, deliver, sustain and continuously improve E2E integrated process, policy and system solutions
- Responsible for the regional execution of the PTP strategy, roadmap and high level planning
- Responsible for the execution of the program phases
- Coordinate and work closely with the stakeholders, especially in finance, supply chain, global services, IT and law
- Responsible for risk management, implementation scenarios and controlling scope
- Establish sustainable processes and organisation post implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that planned benefits are achieved
- Responsible for leading change transformations to integrate and improve PTP processes and technologies, embedding a customer first mindset
- Monitors, measures and analyses the execution of PTP processes in the region and identifies opportunities for improvement. Ensures consistency of application regionally.
- Coordinates process management with performance, change, and technology management
- Ensure regional compliance to business and procurement strategies
- Accountable for the production and analysis of global and regional metrics that drive process performance
- Working with business, functional, country and process leaders, sustain a regional PTP process network of business, plant/ office and user representatives to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- As needed, lead regional PTP acquisition and divestiture activities
Capabilities and Competences:
- Demonstrated customer first focus
- Change leadership: proven record and demonstrated understanding of change management and the tools to effectively embed change in the organization
- Able to successfully interact with all levels of the regional and global organization – strong communicator with the ability to bring the right message to the right audience
- Strong business acumen with the ability to influence outcomes, gain buy in and align stakeholders towards future solutions - outcome driven and customer solution minded delivery management
- Experience with business & customer requirements gathering, process definition and deployment of business requirements to E2E system and process solutions
- Portfolio management experience and expertise in one or more integrated processes/ functional disciplines
- Strong cross functional integration expertise - understands the integration and dependencies of complex processes - able to lead cross-functional teams and drive for results in a complex virtual team environment
- Ability to drive end-to-end process walkthroughs to baseline processes and identify changes / impacts to positively improve process performance and user experience
- Must be approachable and customer focused while providing value added expertise
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of data management, project management and technical solutions
- Minimum 5 years of business and/or functional experience (procurement, supply chain, operations, finance, customer facing)
- Experience working across multiple and diverse organizations
- Experience in leading change
- Advanced experience in Portfolio and Project Management principles and methodology
- Intermediate experience with ERP and SaaS solutions
- Experience in Lean, VSM and Six Sigma
Apply on company website