When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager will execute a Portfolio Expansion strategy within the Production Chemicals Channel in the Bio-Processing Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position will manage global product and supplier expansion strategy, drive innovative solutions to customer issues, and ensure the commercial success of franchise channel products.
What will you do?
- Expand the product portfolio to meet the needs of customers worldwide and develop a strategy for new products and services, as well as portfolio management, pricing initiatives and SKU rationalization to achieve AOP targets.
- Assess portfolio gaps in regions ex-US market and determine the best alignment with new suppliers to meet the requirements of the regional market. Serve as a product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and directly with key accounts.
- Champion successful product launches and working closely with cross-functional teams, the Associate Product Manager owns the ultimate customer and financial success of new supplier engagements and new product introductions (NPIs).
- Maintain close interaction with field organization (e.g., sales and technical support) through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Assess competitive landscape regionally as well as adjacent markets and develop a portfolio expansion strategy that creates a value proposition with new strategic supply partners.
- Perform market research, define market trends, investigate customer needs, define product concept, customer requirement and product requirement.
- Research and develop new market applications within the portfolio as well as constantly refining the portfolio expansion in priority market segments (mammalian cell culture, cell and gene therapy, blood fractionization, medical device, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with other product managers and key functional stakeholders across the organization.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, business, or a related discipline, MBA desirable
- 3+ years of experience in product management, marketing, or business development
- Experience with financial modeling and/or data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results
- Vendor management experience highly desirable
- Good organizational & time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to make complex decisions in ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships cross-functionally, gain internal cooperation and/or buy in, and influencing others without direct authority
This position does not offer relocation benefits
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website