Product Manager – Data Acquisition and Workflow Management
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
*This position can be remote and sit anywhere within the Thermo Fisher Scientific footprint*
How will you make an impact:
As a Product Manager you will have responsibility for components of the data acquisition software of advanced analytical instrumentation in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. You will be a team player in an innovative and international working environment, where highly qualified team members are working together to create a high-performance and easy-to-use software platform.
What will you do:
- Serve as a customer and product champion. Drive market research and VOC (Voice of Customer) activities.
- Collate and prioritize customer and product requirements.
- Be the interface between internal/external customers and different development teams.
- Create product strategy and vision, define the product roadmap, product positioning and messaging and develop new business opportunities.
- Be responsible for product introduction, training, support, and life cycle management.
How you will get here:
- BSc required, preferably in analytical science or related field
- Masters or PhD preferred
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with chromatography and/or mass spectrometry instrumentation with a passionate and innovative mindset to drive improvement in function and usability of these products.
- Professional work experience in the research or analytical science field required. Experience in food safety and environmental applications or quantification in analytical sciences is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to look at a problem from multiple angles, request and digest feedback, develop and test hypotheses. Ability to remain open to other opinions, while continuously keeping customer experience in mind and driving toward maximum customer benefit. Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to customers, collaborating teams, colleagues, and leadership.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work in partnership with colleagues within and across organizations.
- Initiative to drive fact-based decisions, projects and deliver results - demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude.
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skill sets.
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website