Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world's toughest challenges.
Location - Remote
We are seeking a Data Science Product Manager to join the Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) Data Science team. As our team grows, we are seeking a Product Manager who wants to join the fast growing data science field. Product Managers on the team are trusted data science advisors that help our division business partners achieve their strategy by using our data science capabilities with the ultimate goal of being leaders in digital science. Product Managers work collaboratively with data scientists to build and deploy solutions that support our divisional partner goals.
How do Product Managers make an impact?
Product Managers work as a data science consultant, recommending solutions that address critical business challenges and opportunities. Product Managers apply their intellectual curiosity to understand the business challenges and translate those into solutions for our customers. They collaborate in a matrix organization with Marketing, Market Development, and Sales to both establish data science strategic direction for the division and implement projects that achieve the data science goals.
Product Managers work in an inclusive environment where continual improvement and learning are part of the process.
What will you do:
- Collaborate with the business to understand business problems and strategic direction
- Educate others and promote data science across businesses
- Define a vision and translate requirements into capabilities that partners want and will use
- Develop solutions with data scientists that enable both near and long-term success
- Achieve quantitative goals by setting and implementing tactical plans
- Ensure that data science efforts contribute value for business partners and end customers
How will you get here:
- Intellectually curious; Asks the right questions for a deeper understanding
- Listens carefully to customer feedback and adjusts to improve performance
- A passion for solving important business problems using a logical and analytical approach
- A bias for action and driven to make an impact. You take the initiative on new challenges!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with relevant partners
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree required
- 5+ years Consulting, Product Management, Project Management, Market Development, Program Management or Business Development experience
- Previous experience in data science product or program management preferred but not required
- Life Sciences experience preferred but not required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Apply on company website