Thermo Fisher Scientific's global service marketing team focuses on optimizing revenue per system by developing, launching, pricing and promoting Services products based on segmented customer needs to strengthen customer loyalty and Thermo Fisher's financial return.
Check out these video's and our landing page to get more insight into what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- Landing page Materials and Structural Analysis Division (formerly FEI)
- About our site in Eindhoven
- Corporate organization
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope
- How to make a microscope
Duties and responsibilities
The Service Marketing Manager position is a high-output marketing leadership role, responsible for creating and managing market-focused plans and programs to drive awareness, preference and demand in support of service strategies. This position will be responsible for part of the services portfolio and will partner with the Senior Manager in leading specific programs across the portfolio. This position owns all aspects of outbound marketing planning and execution for targeted areas of responsibility, so it encompasses strategic, tactical, and operational elements. Working closely with the Service Directors and Managers, this role is responsible for driving services revenue growth and maximum installed base service revenue potential.
- Identify and maintain top line revenue programs associated with service strategy that meet corporate business objectives
- Drive key market and customer needs analysis and documentation as part of overall annual planning, and within discrete campaign plans
- Define the market position, and primary / supporting messages for the identified service market segments, and tailor those messages to appropriate target audience as necessary
- Develop new services/contracts using a disciplined project management approach. Launch services in collaboration with the Region Service Managers and Sales and Support Operations Center (SSOC)
- Establish and maintain services contracts portfolio and contract sales price lists and sales collateral
- Lead execution of planned programs by utilizing internal marketing communications
- Analyze market data and campaign results to achieve an optimal return on investment, fine tuning tactics as dictated by market results.
This position is ideal for a candidate with both a strong marketing and technical background who has successfully developed and executed targeted marketing programs for business-to-business technology markets and customers with complex buying cycles. Demonstrated success developing and executing global marketing plans desired. Ability to engage with others constructively, and manage relationships successfully, in a highly collegial culture is essential. The candidate selected will be expected to quickly understand the Service business strategy, market focus, customers, products, value proposition, and competitive points of differentiation, working closely with the company's service organization and Service Directors to ensure appropriate alignment of service sales and marketing efforts.
- University degree in a relevant technical (electrical engineering, physics) or marketing field, MBA preferred
- 5-10 or more years of marketing/service operations experience in B2B technology marketing role, preferably with a company providing deeply technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability creating global marketing plans and managing global programs that serve targeted markets in North America, Asia and Europe
- Ability to quickly grasp divisional business and Field Service strategy, and translate those into supportive marketing programs and plans that deliver quantitative results and business value
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally at all levels, including close work with technical, sales, product marketing, and business management positions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, and an ability to influence without authority, enrolling diverse teams in programs that meet overall divisional goals
- Multi-cultural experience to manage geographically dispersed project teams
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20 percent or more as required
- Superb interpersonal communications, team collaboration, and cross-cultural skills
- A demonstrated passion for marketing excellence
In addition to the above requirements, the following is desirable:
- An understanding of technologies used for imaging and analysis at the nanoscale (focused ion beam, electron microscopy, etc.)
-An understanding of the Life Sciences microscopy marketplace
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Apply on company website