At Thermo Fisher Scientific's Healthcare business, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
How you will make an impact:
Our Safety Specialists are responsible for the sales of Fisher Healthcare's products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged primarily in safety dominant customers like acute care and Reference labs. The Safety Specialists maintain effective customer relations, develop opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assure market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Sales teams and a company that is a world leader in their industry!
Key responsibilities will be:
- Support multiple healthcare account managers by providing information specific to safety, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other safety support
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory. Seek out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Implement customer specific action plans, working with purchasing and management to perform hazard assessments, making product recommendations, providing product training with regard to occupational health and safety equipment
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduce new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate SFDC reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Positively represent Fisher Healthcare at all times throughout customer interactions
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree preferably with a technical degree in safety, EH&S, environmental science or science, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in safety products or controlled environment products OR lab experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong healthcare and science background preferred
- Able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I's) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Apply on company website