Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How will you make an impact?
You will supervise operations within the Manufacturing Department ensuring timely delivery at the required quantity and of the specified product quality, providing complete and accurate manufacturing documents and reports, ensuring a safe, positive and effective work environment and ensuring cGMP compliance and adherence to client requirements.
This role requires the ability to work all 3 shifts (weekly rotation):
Midnight: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Afternoon: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Day: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
What will you do?
- Supervises the shop floor, schedules staff, resolves employee issues/conflicts, prepares crew and production scheduling/manpower planning, on the job technical and safety training, on the job performance monitoring, performance appraisals/feedback/discipline, responsible for vault opening/closing/security/access/transport of narcotics/controlled drugs, precursors and maintains perpetual log, production meetings, reviews and signs off on change controls, reviews master formula cards/validation protocols/annual product reviews, ensures safety/security/alarms (enable/disable), administers first aid, resolves mechanical issues, execution of schedule/PM's, co-ordinates QA services (Deviation Report (DR), clarification/provision of data), check/audit/sign-off time sheets.
- Project responsibilities Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) preparation/creation, productivity improvement projects, review/analyze/trend/ assess/maintain/publish performance data, conduct internal cGMP and safety audits, identify document, co-ordinate and implement audit items, ensure routings/scrap factors accuracy.
- Batch Document reconciliation, calculate Loss On Drying (LOD) & assay for Manufacturing Direction Documents, SAP transaction support, document preparation, document sign-off order/control supplies and consumables, initiate/revise/update/modify SOP's, apply and obtain yearly excise license, administrative duties as required.
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides support in monitoring business process performance measures and notify management of potential quality or regulatory issues that may affect product quality or regulatory issues.
How will you get there?
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering
- 3-5 years experience in the pharmaceutical or food (chemical processing environment) industry
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered
Ability to work all 3 shifts - weekly rotation
Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills
- A thorough understanding of cGMP Guidelines
- Understanding of MRP System
- Good computer skills
- Ability to problem solve, manage changing priorities and resources
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75793249
Apply on company website