When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This is a Weekend AM Shift position. The hours are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 6:00am - 6:00pm, with possibility for over time.
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, and/or packaging of BioProcess Containers in a clean room environment. As a Production Technician, you will carry out the production process by closely following the Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instruction Documents and blueprints or drawings as they relate to assembly, materials handling, equipment operation, and finished goods packaging. This position requires following cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and working in a fast paced team environment.
What will you do?
- Following all safety requirements and cGMP requirements
- Following work instruction document, standard operating procedures and standard works
- Assembling product using specific written instructions, blueprints and drawings
- Record correct and accurate documentation in Production Control Documents
- Perform inspection of in-process and finished product
- Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvements), Lean and Continuous Improvement activities including 5S activities
- Assist in training function of co-workers and mentoring
- Daily Schedule adherence
How will you get here?
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years production experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good verbal/written communication
- Ability to follow complex procedures
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast paced controlled clean room environment up to 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required
- The Clean-room is controlled at greater than 30% humidity with a temperature between 60º and 70º
- The Clean-room has some ambient noise.
- Specific gowning is required including: gloves, hair & beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and the like.
- Position requires forceful gripping/grasping and repetitive motion including pushing and pulling
- Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene including labels and SDS (Safety Data Sheets), common chemicals are disinfect, solvents and IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol 70% and 99%)
- Ability to stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Ability to infrequently lift and manipulate up to 40 pounds unassisted
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website