Job Title: Site Operations Manager, Unity Lab Services
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Unity Lab Services
Group/Division: Customer Channels Group/RSD/Instrument and Enterprise Services
Career Band: VII
Location: Field/Customer Sites
No. of Direct Reports: 10-20
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary contact for all UnityTM Lab Services functions at key customer site, which may include: order processing/purchasing, receiving, storeroom/consignment, inventory management, chemical management, glassware washing, and media preparation. Responsible for the management of all on-site personnel and day to day activities. Provide direction and support for all on-site associates by establishing processes, procedures and serving as coach to the team. Work in concert with customer management and Thermo Fisher Scientific sales team to insure that all requirements and service metrics, as outlined in the current contract/agreement, are met on a consistent basis. Act as liaison on behalf of customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Lead a cross functional and matrixed team of on-site service specialists that work daily at key customer site. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff's performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Ensure full delivery of the committed services scope of work. Collaborate and support the Program Manager for customer reviews of performance, and ensure that maximum value creation occurs and is recorded for customer.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Act as liaison between customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific. Refine processes, identify process issues, recommend solutions, develop action plans, identify operational efficiencies/deficiencies through process improvement initiatives, and promote best practices.
- Responsible for managing and developing team in a positive manner. Including professional development, recruiting, corrective action and performance reviews.
- Evaluates employees' training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Collaborates with Manager to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI's, tracks trends, and implements best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Manage all performance measurements to optimize the customer's perceptions. Includes customer scorecard review, talent assessment, resolving variances, and distribution of customer metrics throughout the organization. Attend and participate in quarterly business reviews at client sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree and minimum of 2-4 years of supervisory or management experience in a lab or lab services setting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast paced changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of Thermo Fisher and/or customer systems including Ariba, SAP, Oracle and others.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; including experience in writing SOP's and presentation skills.
- Proven skills in managing multiple concurrent issues and prioritizing staff workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Overall understanding of service management, customer satisfaction.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with hours.
- Requires 25% or more travel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, various levels of the customer business and peers. Must have a customer orientation to develop customer relationships.
Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
Experience and/or education in a laboratory setting – an understanding of the unique customer requirements; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred.
- Excellence in customer service and solution-driven approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with staffing projections and budget preparation.
- Inventory management and/or supply chain experience.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website