How will you make an impact?With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
Do you love science but do not want to work in a lab? Well, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Working in an office environment, the Purchasing Coordinator ensures that Customers receive their goods in the most time efficient and effective manner by proactively tracking open order reports, expediting database and the computer system. The PC responds to all expedite requests from Customer Service, Sales, Finance and Supply Chain Specialists in a timely fashion to help ensure a good customer order fulfilment experience.
- Reviews backorder reports for customer past-due back orders.
- Contacts suppliers by phone, or e-mail on open purchase orders to obtain a commitment for a specific deliver date.
- Contacts transportation companies to track missing shipments.
- Updates delivery dates in appropriate system (PURX/IPOX) with comments recorded for internal communication.
- Advises Customer Service, Supply Chain Specialists and the Supply Chain Supervisor on supplier problems for unusually long delivery dates affecting customers.
- Reviews and actions Expedite Follow-Ups on a daily basis to keep them current and advises customers of updated delivery dates.
- Manages a daily discontinued customer back order report
- Advises Supply Chain Specialist when an item is found to be discontinued in the process of expediting, determines potential substitutes and ensures they are entered into the system.
- Cancels items from purchase orders in the mainframe when required.
- Proactively advises customers when we have indefinite delivery situations or product cancellations and offers alternatives.
- Active member of year-end activities by providing communication updates for large open orders to support timely and complete customer deliveries and company revenue recognition
- Answers all requests for delivery from business partners and customers in a timely manner.
- Performs any other duties as may be required by the Supply Chain Supervisor and/or Manager.
How will you get here:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 1 year clerical or admin support experience.
- Extremely organized, good prioritization skills and proven sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Post-secondary education preferred with a background in a business, procurement, or logistics discipline
- Looks at change in a positive manner, resilient to obstacles and promotes team cooperation
- Bilingualism - English and French is preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Apply on company website