When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
You will inspect, measure and test individual parts for In-Process testing using a variety of equipment. You will work in conjunction with Quality Control to maintain quality day to day.
What will you do?
- Use calipers, comparator, gages, centrifuge, manual pipettes, vacuum leak tester, vision system (vertex) to measure and inspect a sampling of products. Tests may include tubes, tips, and racks testing.
- Use access database to input information and communicates results to the appropriate party.
- Maintains files, records and other documents that apply to laboratory records.
- Completes and maintains appropriate documentation to support testing procedures.
- Identify non-conformances during daily testing and reports them.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
How will you get there?
High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 to 2 years' experience related to quality control or preferably in a manufacturing or a quality environment preferred.
- Experience with laboratory environment, equipment and safety procedures preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer skills (including excel).
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ability to work an alternative work schedule.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website