Job Title: R&D Mfg Scientist I
Requisition ID: 155766BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Greenville, North Carolina
How will you make an impact?
Provides operations support in day-to-day operations of the Steriles business unit. Manufacturing Sciences is the technical liaison between the customer and the manufacturing team, actively working with clients to design and implement a manufacturing process that minimizes risk and maximizes success. We support programs by developing new formulations, optimizing the formulation or manufacturing process, or scaling the process up. We are a fast paced, interdisciplinary team that prides itself on scientific vision, defining exceptional customer experience, and our integrity.
What will you do?
- Typically works in a specific scientific area, such as formulation development, and/or manufacturing technical support. Makes decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge.
- Investigates and researches current methodologies. Presents research to internal colleagues and supervisor.
- Manages projects at the task level under supervision. May manage projects and timelines at the experiment level.
- Assists with implementation of new methodologies and processes.
- Reviews analytical test results and works with internal team to analyze results.
- Liaises with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Investigates and may contribute to new scientific methodologies on projects of moderate scope.
- May be involved in pre-clinical, clinical, and/or post-marketing stages of drug development.
- Assists in the creation of processes and equipment design for clinical, scale up, and/or registration batches, including technology transfer of projects to and from clients.
- Participates in technical discussions with clients with a high level of technical proficiency.
- Evaluates and contributes to the design of manufacturing processes and supports problem solving as necessary with independent judgment.
- Makes decisions that require developing new options to solve complex problems.
- Present recommendations internally and to clients.
- Supports projects, including managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Supports with internal Quality, Operations, Engineering, Validation, and other functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Guides and advises during implementation of new methodologies and processes. Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related physical science required.
- Typically requires 2 years of scientific experience, preferably in life sciences. College coursework/labwork preferred if no previous scientific experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including managing technical discussions with internal and external clients.
- Excellent critical and logical thinking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to develop technical solutions.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical processes, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures
- Ability to keep current with scientific literature and industry trends relating to process technologies.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82407849
Apply on company website