When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. This job will be based in the greater Los Angeles metro area including Orange county , Riverside county and San Bernardino county areas.
Job Summary: Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete field services including repairs, preventative maintenance, installation, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented and an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Repair, install, and maintain a variety of laboratory equipment products including incubators, centrifuges, ovens , and other equipment as needed.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on a variety of laboratory equipment, including proper completion of checklists and documentation of all work performed in ERP (BAAN) system.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support of customer products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and scheduling of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides rapid, courteous, and knowledgeable response to all customers inquires.
- Schedules and delivers thorough preventative maintenance service to ensure maximum uptime of customer equipment.
- Serves as customer advocate and manages escalation of unresolved customer or technical issues to Management, Service Product Specialists, and Quality.
- Provides customer product operation training as required.
- Actively promotes and sells installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services. Provide territory cross-coverage and depot repair support as required.
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- .Required: Previous repair experience for general laboratory equipment (incubators, ovens, centrifuges, etc)
- Two or more years of hands-on experience as a field technician
- Preferred: Working in laboratories repairing analytical instrumentation or relevant industry experience.
- Ability to operate computers, smart phones and software (Microsoft Windows, Office (Word , Excel, Outlook), Internet Explorer)
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Biomedical training, or equivalent education or experience.
- Ability to read schematics/diagrams/service manuals
- Strong electrical and mechanical background.
Services and Product Sales:
- Promotes Unity Lab Services to customers and provide sales leads on a regular basis for instrument services, accessories, consumables, upgrades, and training.
- Advises customer of new products and upgrades and passes sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors' products and new customer applications
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs. continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%. Up to 50% may be required.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73784898
Apply on company website