Regional Technical Sales Trainer (North America)
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact:
The North America Technical Sales Trainer will have responsibility for developing, implementing and delivering training to the commercial organization within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) on products, workflows and applications to increase sales productivity and accelerate growth as defined in the business strategies.
The North America Technical Sales Trainer, as part of the Commercial Excellence Team will work in partnership with business unit leaders, commercial leaders and divisional marketing in the NA and LATAM regions to develop and deliver innovative and engaging product training programs through a variety of formats. These programs will enable our sales teams to sell more effectively and consistently. This individual will focus initially on auditing and improving the onboarding of new hires as well as growth and development of seasoned commercial team members.
What you will do:
This position is responsible for the design, development, administration and maintenance of the technical curriculum for the region ensuring alignment with the Commercial Training Strategy and Global Development Framework. In addition, this role will help coordinate curriculum integration with the Business Units to ensure a consistent and measured approach to technical sales training and enablement. Success will be defined through training evaluation data, training-related sales performance indicators like proficiency assessment, and other relevant parameters.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to play a key role developing an improved technical sales training program in a high-growth, innovative Life Sciences company.
Maximize technical sales skills of GSD products and workflows, markets and applications for direct sales and distribution channels.
Training content design & maintenance
- Design, develop, evaluate and maintain creative learning solutions for a Regional Sales workforce that includes, but is not limited to, instructor led, virtual instructor led, eLearning, audio, video, activities, assessments, job aids and blended learning experiences
- Support development of an annual training plan, adapt global initiatives and resources to regional needs, assess the effectiveness of the current approach to training and implement suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Help support best practice sharing methodologies across division and regional training resources
- Use variety of authoring tools to produce relevant eLearning modules, video content, and performance support materials for a global audience while applying sound instructional design methodology in the development of eLearning solutions with rich media such as: graphics, audio, video, animation, interaction, and games.
- Support global build and adapt existing training material to support curriculum that includes primarily E-learners, and also virtual and in-person training
- Ensure that technical content can be translated into practical sales terminology focusing on value proposition / customer-centric approach.
- Develop and implement assessments of knowledge proficiency across the curriculum using a variety of content authoring tools
- Incorporate approved sales process and methodologies and professional learning resources to ensure balanced learning in technical curriculum
- Facilitate, implement and deliver the technical sales training and onboarding curriculum with proficiency assessment and certification programs as defined by the annual training plan via the web, e-learning platform and classroom
- Support development of role play and practical application scenarios across curriculum
- Use Docebo Learning Management System (LMS) to publish content, record registration and completion of learning activities, extract data and create standard reports
- Assist in tracking and analyzing sales training program KPI's and metrics to report on program effectiveness and drive change in sales effectiveness.
- Develop annual training schedule for region and ensure that training schedule is communicated appropriately
- Work with regional Sales Development & Enablement leads to ensure coordination of calendars and optimize scheduling for commercial organization
How you will get here:
- Bachelor's degree required (Advanced degree in Science preferred)
- 3-5 years Life Sciences Industry experience; commercial training experience preferred (Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Diagnostics Industries preferred)
- Minimum 3 years Learning and Development / Instructional design experience including content development (instructor-led and e-Learning course design and development) and experience with a variety of content authoring tools, for example Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, EasyGenerator, Brainshark etc.
- Actual sales experience, having carried a bag for 2+ years preferred (Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Diagnostics Industries preferred)
- Proven training facilitation and delivery experience (in person and online)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Passion for Learning & Development with strong communication & influencing skills
- Experience with sales skills methodologies a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment supporting a commercial team
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Ability to travel across regions and globally as required (~20% time)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Apply on company website