The Application Software Group Business Unit within Thermo Fisher Scientific Materials & Structural Analysis division provides valuable opportunity for growth for a dynamic account manager. We develops innovative solutions for 3D visualization and analysis in a wide range of areas including scientific research, medical, design and mechanical engineering and material sciences. We provide industry-leading commercial, academic and governmental organizations with interactive 3D data visualization tools and solutions that help business, scientific and engineering users gain critical insight from all types of data.
The Account Manager is responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies to maximize the business potential of assigned accounts and achieve business objectives and personal goals. The person will be in charge of managing and develop larger business opportunities for the Avizo and Amira product lines in the fields of Materials Sciences, Life Sciences for academic, governmental and commercial organizations on his/her territory. He/She will have to analyze major opportunities, prepare and implement sales strategies and account management plans.
The duties also include preparing quotes, collecting orders but also influencing co-workers and management with the allocation of the right resources needed to achieve the agreed upon sales tactics and objectives.
The candidate should be located in the territory he/she will be targeting. Among major accountabilities:
- Plan and organize sales activities on the assigned territory in order to achieve global revenue.
- Regularly perform customers and prospects on-site visits.
- Actively participate in the preparation and the implementation of a sales plan around the release of a new product related to Industrial Inspection.
- Perform ongoing active projection through direct sales activities including prospecting, cold calling, participation to conferences and professional events, use of existing research database and own network.
- Develop new business through maintaining a database of targeted organizations and ensuring that clear action items are always ongoing on these.
- Find new business opportunities within existing clients through regular communication and face to face visits.
- Develop an account planning strategy for key targeted organizations.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations through webex and direct visits ; conduct consultative meetings with customers; and ensure that technical and service requirements are met.
- Identifies/recommend strategic sales direction. Stay current with competition and other potential solution offerings.
- Regularly report on closed and expected business and deliver weekly consistent forecasts to management
Key responsibilities include, but are not exclusively:
- Typically requires Bachelors degree or equivalent plus 3 or more years successful sales experience.
- At least 8-12 years' experience in related industry
- Practical knowledge of computer sciences & 3D data analysis and visualization software
- Should have a working knowledge of company products, policies and operational procedures and the ability to understand and explain relevant technical issues.
- Physical Requirements: This position requires excellent communication skills (listening and speaking), mental/visual aptitude for testing and the ability to successfully handle all or a number of the job functions at or about the same time and be able to prioritize functions. Additional requirements include performing activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g., preparing sales forecasts.
- 50% travels at minimum is required.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package offered.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73545427
Apply on company website