When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sales Operations Specialist is part of the commercial organization supporting the Biosciences Division portfolio which includes reagents, instruments, and consumables from across the division's six business units: Molecular Biology; Protein and Cell Analysis; Antibodies and Immunoassays; Synthetic Biology; Sample Preparation; and Cell Biology.
The Sales Operations Specialist will provide support and drive continuous improvement for the Technical Sales Specialist teams within Protein & Cell Analysis (PCA). This individual will drive activities that support budget management, metrics reporting, and meetings. The Marketing Operations Specialist will be a key member of the PCA Sales Operations team and will contribute to the overall growth of these product portfolios.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain system for financial budget management including tracking, reconciliation, accruals, reporting and forecasting.
- Function as a liaison between the sales teams within the Business Units and finance to ensure alignment on budgets and forecasts on a quarterly basis.
- Support infrastructure and processes for the continuous improvement of budget management, including reviewing processes and participating in cross functional events. Drive testing to ensure new marketing processes and applications are delivering the benefits as promised in the plan.
- Support the process for developing and reporting key program metrics, in collaboration with finance, web analytics, digital marketing etc. to reconcile market program spend to the planned budget and report to division, as necessary.
- Serve as coordinator to collate and deliver monthly and quarterly team deliverables and shared with the division, regional teams and leadership.
- Partner with marketing teams to align on key performance indicators in alignment with divisional reporting monthly.
- Create reports and analyses on budget performance, forecasting accuracy and spend allocation quarterly and in preparation for annual planning.
- Perform advanced word processing and desktop publishing including complex presentations, reports, spreadsheets and graphs;
- Expected to produce consistent, quality work with a high attention to detail and sensitivity
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Work as a team member on special projects as needed.
- Bachelor Degree required
2+ years of experience in an operational role supporting budget management, reporting and analyses.
Work experience supporting executive leaders.
Marketing or Sales Operations experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in a complex matrix environment
- The professional who best fits this position is passionate about supporting and enabling internal and external customers and
- Determined to roll up sleeves and add value to the team in any way possible.
- Must be very well organized, detailed oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment, and collaborating with many teams across the organization.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website