Sales Representative, Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As a Sales Representative for the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division, you will be a key member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific sales team. In this role you will represent, promote, sell and support Thermo Fisher Scientific's portfolio of Chromatography and Tandem Mass Spectrometry (MSMS) products to accounts within Southern California and the Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area.
Location: Must be located in Washington or Oregon.
What will you do?
- Consultative selling of chromatography, tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) instrumentation and supporting accessories, software and consumables
- Develop and maintain proficiency in chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry instrumentation and accessories, applications.
- Identify and interpret customers' requirements to align with Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services and recommended solutions to customers.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations across multiple applications and markets for chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Management of accounts for chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry instrumentation,
- Develop and maintain account relationships
- Function to serve as the focal point of the division's contact with the customer as well as the channel of information
- Provide consultation and coordinate efforts for problem-solving in support of customers, as necessary
- Develop awareness of competitive landscape and relevant factors (products, workflows, procedures, organizational structure and positioning strengths/weaknesses) across markets, instruments and applications to successfully advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services and develop and win business
- Prepare proposals and quotations, with development of pipeline opportunities and relevant activities to close orders timely to achieve quarterly and yearly goals.
- Prospecting for new sales opportunities and following up on provided leads and cold calling to generate new prospects for yearly quota
- Develop proficiency in use of a CRM (SFDC) for reporting
- Keep manager abreast of any new developments in the marketplace (competitive, product, customer, wins/losses, etc...)
- As a generalist sales rep, has overall responsibility for account management in assigned territory
- Responsible for partitioning / scheduling time between prospecting, selling, post sales visits and office work.
- Arranges sales visits, meetings, presentations, seminars, product demonstrations and post sales support.
Education and Required Experience: Bachelors Degree in Chemistry / Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 years of sales experience with analytical instruments preferred
- Will consider business-oriented individuals currently using tandem mass spectrometry in a laboratory that have sales and market aptitude and have a level of visibility in the scientific community.
- Technical acumen in mass spectrometry
- Working knowledge of mass spectrometry including ion traps, triple quadrupoles, Orbitraps and TOFs
- Ability to produce accurate sales forecasts.
- Formal Sales training and/or in-depth understanding of the professional selling process is recommended
- Geographic knowledge of assigned territory and market or customer demographics is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82438676
Apply on company website