Job Title: Sales Representative, IOMS
Requisition ID: R-01074723
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We invite you to join the IOMS sales team, part of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, a diverse and growing global company serving science. In this role you will become part of a truly international team, collaborate with colleagues all over the world, and help our customers to succeed by enabling them to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
The successful candidate for this position will sell MC-ICPMS, TIMS, HR-ICPMS, and GDMS instrumentation as part of a small but growing team of specialists in the USA. This is a remote position, so you can live anywhere, and you will report directly to the Americas IOMS Sales Lead. Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills are critical for this position, as is a commitment to continuous learning, because science is constantly evolving. This is a dynamic and challenging position, but one that comes with the help and support of the entire IOMS team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell IOMS products, including MC-ICPMS, TIMS, HR-ICPMS, and GDMS to customers in the USA.
- Build strong customer relationships and work to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction. A strong customer-centric attitude is very important.
- Be aware of and responsive to the conditions that affect the business, including competition, customers, and markets.
- Function as an involved member of the IOMS team, working with sales, factory, marketing, service, and commercial colleagues.
- Function independently and professionally. Responsible for managing personal expense budget, travel arrangements, and sales funnel.
- Willing to travel, mostly within the USA, but occasionally internationally.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience with Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometers is desired
- Preferably: MC-ICPMS, TIMS, HR-ICPMS, GDMS
- PhD or MSc Degree proffered in Earth/Geology/Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent
- 1-3 years sales experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be able to live and work within USA.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Master's degree or a PhD is preferred. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website