Job Title: Salesforce Developer
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: The Enterprise Technology & Operations (ETO) team partners with the business and other IT groups to define, manage, test, validate and deliver the strategic direction and operational performance of Enterprise Applications and Systems for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our enterprise applications manage business critical activities like order taking and fulfillment, manufacturing, managing new product development and launch, sales and customer management, data and document management, and business insights.
Role & Responsibilities
The Salesforce.com Developer will work on SFDC support tickets and on the design, configuration, testing, documentation, and deployment of CRM solutions on the salesforce.com platform. The solutions encompass the sales and service clouds. He/she must possess good interpersonal skills as he/she will partner with business analysts, end users, and IT personnel to create and implement end to end solutions.
Key aspects of the role:
- Work with business analysts and users to understand business processes and requirements.
- Responsible for the SFDC configurations needed to deliver the desired solution.
- Partner on solution approaches with sfdc System Administrators to develop or enhance custom objects, Visual Force pages, APEX classes, triggers and services, reports, dashboards, and workflows.
- Ability to seamlessly develop in both Classic and Lightning interface with careful consideration of the mobile experience
- Perform administration of the Salesforce.com instance: user administration, manage fields/relationships, workflow rules, approval processes, page layouts, security, validation rules, email notifications, custom buttons/links, etc.
- Understand, maintain, and enhance business processes that are implemented in Salesforce.com.
- Work on ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
- Perform data loads and data fix tasks.
- Ensure data security is enforced by the use of roles, profiles, and sharing rules.
- Prepare documentation as needed including functional specifications and test scripts.
- Perform unit testing and fix any defects in admin configurations. Support the user acceptance test activities.
- Configure working prototypes in a development sandbox if required, and validate and refine prototypes.
- Create Change Sets and deploy from the development sandbox to the fulldata sandbox.
- Clearly communicate task status to key stakeholders.
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of salesforce.com products and platform to recommend solutions and enhancements that would address business needs.
- Help in documenting business processes in sfdc.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field.
- Salesforce.com Developer certification. Advanced Administrator certification preferred. Platform Developer certification is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of overall IT or programming experience, with at least 4 years of direct experience in Salesforce.com Development work.
- Ability to work in a team, to understand business requirements and convert them into a functional design, and to collaborate with business analysts and users to define solutions.
- Experience in Apex and Visualforce Development.
- Experience with integrations with sfdc are pluses.
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the salesforce.com platform coupled with a good understanding of common business processes. Must be a confident self-starter individual who can completely own the delivery of high value work products.
- Experience in migrating change sets and addressing post deployment issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, users, and senior management.
- Planning and analytical skills as well as the ability to communicate ideas and plans verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of key SFDC architectural concepts (e.g. API, governor limits, and test coverage) and how they influence design.
- Strong problem solving skills with a willingness and ability to learn new software features.
- Exposure to some or all of the following: SOAP integrations, Lightning components, Salesforce mobile platform, XML, SQL.
- Create Change Sets and deploy from the development sandbox to the fulldata sandbox
- Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the data to support additional business processes or functions
- Be adaptable to variety of roles like development, occasional weekend / extended hours support as situation demands
- Have a customer focused mindset, open to ideas, innovative approaches and getting the job done is absolutely essential.
- Open to work in a partial shift system to facilitate interaction with EMEA, North American customers and project team members
- Guide and help the CRM team with data Issues and suggest resolutions. Able to work individually with cross functional teams for resolution of the support Issues.
Education & Experience levels: • BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field.
Experience Level: – 3 to 4 years in Salesforce Development, Configuration, Production Support.
Knowledge Required: Salesforce.com Development
Apply on company website