Scientist II, Cell Biology Verification & Validation
Requisition ID: 95465BR
US – Maryland - Frederick
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As a part of the Verification and Validation R&D team, a Scientist II will assist project teams throughout the product development process by means of requirements writing, test plan synthesis, and formal design reviews. As a Scientist II, you will interact with project teams and work closely with the various disciplines to support product develop in accordance with product requirements and the product commercialization framework.
What will you do?
- Participate in product requirement synthesis, reviews, and documentation
- Create comprehensive test plans and coordinate testing
- Analyze data using statistical techniques, generate reports, and conduct design reviews
- Interact closely with R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Product Management, Program management, and Operations functions
- Provide guidance to project teams and maintain continuity in communications to the teams
How will you get here?
B.S. degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience, M.S. degree preferred with 0-2 years of relevant experience, preferably within Immunology and/or Cell Biology
- Experience in stage gate product commercialization process
- Experience in cell culture techniques preferably with primary cell lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent organizational skills to meet project deadlines and support multiple ongoing projects
- Adaptive to change and effective at negotiation
- Presentation of data and findings to peers and managers
- Statistical analysis capabilities is not necessary, but desired
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website