Sr. Accountant – Life Sciences Group (LSG) Group Accounting
How will you make an impact?
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $24 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can't find anywhere else.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Senior Accountant position will be part of the Group Accounting function within the LSG segment of Thermo Fisher Scientific and report directly to the Manager of the Group Accounting team. The Group Accounting function is responsible for accurate and timely global LSG segment ($6B in revenue) consolidations and reporting.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of monthly close activities
- Assist in the purchase accounting for new acquisitions and monthly acquisition activity
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and assist with global balance sheet review
- Work closely with the shared service center, corporate accounting team and FP&A groups within LSG
- Research technical accounting issues and provide accurate guidance in a timely manner
- Prepare global Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) reporting and provide monthly support on AIP analysis
- Assist with the Capital Appropriations Request (CAR) process for approval of LSG fixed assets
- Assist with the annual supplemental external/SEC reporting process for all LSG entities
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- You have at least 4 years of progressive accounting experience at a large public international corporation or at least 4 years at a public accounting firm
- Hands on research and resolution experience covering areas of technical accounting
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced matrixed environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
- You have the ability to take on multiple ad hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website