Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are a research, development and production site in Bremen, currently with about 360 employees, whose “high -end” measurement and analysis instruments (mass spectrometers) are used in research and science worldwide. Our innovative products in the fields of Life Sciences MS and Inorganic MS as well as trace analysis are among the leading products globally in their respective markets.
For this location we are looking for an:
Senior Electronic Engineer (f/m)
• Design, development and proof-of-principle of digital and analog electronics for micro- and nano- electromechanical systems in a highly motivated multi-national multi-disciplinary team in Bremen, Germany
• Participation in product development teams and project planning
• Development of test procedures and documentation to enable a smooth and timely transfer of developed components into manufacturing
• Installation and test of developed boards on instruments in laboratories of university collaborators
• On-the-bench and In-system Design Verification
• Robustness testing
• Electronic circuit and EM simulations
• Calculation of product- and process costs
• Negotiations with suppliers and their qualification
• Generate complete documentation for full production and product support
• Change Management (ECO) and Quality Control during product commercialization phase.
• University degree in Electronic engineering or related discipline
• Proven experience (>3 years) of designing analog and digital electronics, preferably including radiofrequency devices, in the fields of: micro- or nano- electromechanical systems, microelectronics, nanotechnology
• Proven experience in simulation of electrical circuits using SPICE or similar tools
• Preferably, experience with EM simulations
• Strong desire to push the limits of science and technology
• Working cost-conscious, effective and autonomous
• Good written and oral communication skills in English
• Preferably, experience writing programs using C, C++, Visual Basic or scripting languages
• Preferably, experience with analytical instrumentation.
• Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation
• Outstanding career and development prospects
• Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
• Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
Apply on company website