Job Title: Senior Engineer, Software
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $25 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are Digital Engineering Team - the Software Center of Excellence for Thermo Fisher Scientific. We are responsible for developing and delivering SaaS based applications and digital lab (Cloud-based) tools, to help scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our world class software products and solutions accelerate scientific discovery and lab productivity. These solutions
- provide rich content, selection tools, collaboration tools and scientific apps that allow our customers to focus on innovation and the complexities of their science.
- create a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way — where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science.
- enable our customers to efficiently manage their lab by providing them insight to workflow processes, asset uptime and product availability.
We give them the flexibility to access what they need when they need it, allowing them to select and receive products and services across multiple channels. We apply industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities: Sr. technical member performs all aspects of Software Development including programming, system design, code review, design review, unit testing, and integration testing.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Implement and maintain the API endpoints and services deployed in a cloud native environment, leveraging a standard API documentation framework and ensure they provide functionality meeting our customer needs
- Participate in designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability and scalability
- Stay up to date with new technologies and determine how to incorporate these into future platform capabilities .
- Participate in code reviews, architectural decision, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure up-time for live systems
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge and experience requirement:
- 6– 10 yrs of relevant experience as Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead, and BE/BTech or equivalent qualification
- Should have good understanding of C#, OOAD, and experience using .NetCore
- Good understanding and experience in API design (using RESTFul) , including versioning, API security, API versioning
- Good experience of Design Patterns, SOLID Principles
- Good understanding and experience of TDD using MSTests, NUnit, Moq, NSubstitute
- Should be aware and practiced Agile/Iterative development methodologies
- Proven experience with AWS , Azure or other cloud platform
- Proven experience with logging frameworks like ILogger, Log4Net and others
- Proven experience in Database development on MSSql, Postgres and others
- Proven experience in using tools like Postman, Swagger
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Identity Server, Graph DBs like Apache Jena
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website