At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Provide financial support for standardization and leverage financial tools to drive customer optimization. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Product Standardization Support:
- Lead the standardization process from identifying customer opportunities, collaborating with Cross Reference and eBusiness and communicating with commercial leads.
- Determines turnaround time and ensures deadlines are met
- Work closely with the commercial team to develop strategic targets for standardization with a goal of providing customer savings and/or profit improvement opportunities
- Develop customer facing reporting that can be utilized during scheduled business reviews or proactively to illustrate potential savings or vendor consolidation opportunities
- Achieve annual targets set for customer savings, revenue generation and profit improvement
- Lead and coordinate profit improvement initiatives for the Division working GSP and GPI
- Support the identification of other profit improvement initiatives across RSD commercial finance team leveraging PPI/Lean tools
- This position will be highly visible in the organization having interaction with Sr Leadership on both the commercial and finance teams
- Demonstrate robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Proven ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Proven ability to analyze and communicate variances to management is required to be successful in this position, as well as, the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Proven history of participating on cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Data Warehouse, COGNOS, and Visual Basic are preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website