Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Durham, NC or Needham, MA
Provide analytical, reporting, and strategic support for Operations and Accounting within the Pharma Services Group (PSG). Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Business Units/Sites to establish, monitor, and analyze Group PPI Productivity actuals and forecasts. Provide strategic recommendations based on variance analyses.
- Provide strategic support, develop and maintain reporting in the area of Capital Spending.
- Analyze proposed profitability of strategic capex and communicate results to ensure ROI is achieved.
- Identify profitability drivers and communicate findings/recommendations to Senior Management
- The ability to work cross functionally with internal business partners on projects including: annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts, profitability improvement initiatives, and reporting enhancements
- Drive productivity and efficiency through innovation, process improvements and PPI implementation
- Assist in procedures and reporting relating to monthly/quarterly/annual close
- Assist in Annual Operating Plan preparation
- Assist with all financial reports and presentations (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Ad hoc requests.
- Robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Ability to analyze and communicate variances to management is required to be successful in this position, as well as, the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Proven history of participating on cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, have good judgment, and prioritize projects and time effectively.
- Commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with SAP, MS Excel (incl. pivot tables, charts, graphs), MS Access, MS PowerPoint and Hyperion (HFM) are required.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82438634
Apply on company website