Senior Information Specialist
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Information Specialist will integrate and deliver best in class, actionable intelligence to accelerate and enhance business decisions made by colleagues from all functional and geographic areas within the company, including scientists, product managers, market research and analysis functions, corporate strategy and technical support. This will involve using critical thinking and problem-solving skills to use licensed and publicly available data sources to deliver comprehensive, synthesized research results. In addition, the Senior Information Specialist will develop and lead a marketing plan to engage colleagues and increase awareness of available services.
The ideal candidate will have strong information science expertise, a successful record of conducting research in a fast-paced business setting, and experience with marketing/customer engagement.
What will you do?
- Develop optimized research strategies to locate, filter, synthesize, and format scientific, business, and technical data into personalized actionable knowledge from internal holdings and external sources.
- Lead all marketing activities, including marketing plan development and implementation, to increase awareness and engagement.
- Manage current awareness services to optimize existing specialized tools and identify suitable alternatives.
- Interact with stakeholders to obtain voice of customer insight into strategic priorities and business needs.
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, resource and tool evaluation, discovery, and implementation
- Serve as the lead on specific projects or resources as assigned.
- Provide virtual and in-person training and assistance to colleagues.
- Represent Information Center on site-based or company-wide teams.
- Maintain professional knowledge of information and subject disciplines through attendance at information-related seminars, workshops, meetings, or conferences.
- Maintain functional knowledge of Thermo Fisher business units.
How will you get here?
Degree in Library Science from an accredited university or equivalent higher education degree.
- Strong corporate research experience (3 plus years) independently conducting complex requests for business/corporate, market, or competitive intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience using secondary research tools (may include tools such as Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, Informa, etc.).
- Knowledge of content marketing and techniques to build awareness and engagement.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and respond quickly to requests, and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative and interpretive thought processes.
- Planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and core work requirements.
- Strong service orientation and self-motivation with the desire to improve processes and drive projects forward.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a solo practitioner, and in a collaborative team environment with geographically dispersed end-users and colleagues.
- Ability to work with end-users from diverse functions with sensitivity to cultural considerations.
- Strong Excel and Access skills, and thorough working knowledge of internet-based information systems, with the ability to assess quality of information.
- Understanding of copyright and licensing best practices.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73553855
Apply on company website