When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Located at one of the larger Thermo Fisher Scientific offices in Tewksbury MA or Franklin MA, you will be in the heart of the division leadership team that runs our $900M scientific instruments business.
How will you make an impact?
As a Senior IT Business Analyst, you will work closely with the business subject matter experts to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives. This role will drive the implementation of new tools or capabilities and support existing processes.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Develop Design specifications for Enhancement requests to existing and new functionality
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to create a business case working with stakeholders
- Leverage solutions from other BUs/sites to your groups
- Lead the development of business requirements, solution design & delivery, testing and training
- Deliver customer satisfaction through clear, appropriate, timely communication and facilitation of expectations with stakeholders
- Drive compliance with company's Global IT Policies & Procedures and the division's directives
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent documentation skills
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Experience with ERP Financial applications preferred
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Infor XA Power Link, Net Link, System Link jobs
- Languages: RPG, CLP, SQL, DDS, XA Powerlink, Enterprise Integrator, java
- Support ERP and 3rd party Technical support questions/issues, and ERP business user training
- Manage/Support iSeries architecture in accordance with our SOX compliance
- iSeries job Scheduling tools
- Become proficient in applications that support the business: XA, RPA, Cforia, Ultriva, others
- Forms Administration, Query/data extract requests, Excel uploads
- Customization – base program modifications thru user exits and APIs
- Support Service desk ticket management (Incidents/Requests)
- New hires/job Access changes – Power Link, green-screen, Paperless
- This position may require travel, but it is expected to be rare.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related technical discipline. 5-8 years of experience developing and supporting complex ERP applications
- In-depth ERP experience
- Partner with business colleagues to identify areas where IT capabilities can support business objectives
- Bring assigned projects to successful conclusions (on time, on budget, and in scope)
- Proactively driving initiatives, business process, best practices with IT and business colleagues
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Source system knowledge a plus: Infor XA, SAP or other ERP applications
- Successful analysis of business process requirements, defining improvements and guiding business adoption of process improvements to key business requirements
- IBM i development experience, database design & optimization preferred
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website