How you'll make an impact
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a Scrum team at Thermo Fisher Scientific's Digital Engineering; you will be doing important work like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making our food safer. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
At SaaS, we are part of software services and are a close-knit, collaborative, cross-functional organization where we believe teamwork is greater than the sum of individual contributions. Our teams are challenged by applying industry best practices in design, development, testing, deployment, monitoring, and operation of world-class software products and integrate commercially available components to deliver full-stack solutions.
We are especially passionate about working with DevOps and driving Agile/Scrum processes to exceed customer expectations. We welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and are genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem-solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition.
We are looking for individuals with experience and learning agility to deliver industrial IoT solutions leveraging the latest cloud, on-prem, big-data, analytics, and newer technologies. Team player by putting the team first.
What will you do?
- Design, integrate, develop, test, deploy, monitor and operate Industrial IOT SaaS solutions in a DevOps framework
- Represent the team in cross-organizational forums
- Resolution of complex problems
- Provide support, mentorship, and leadership to junior colleagues
- Learn-Do-Share keeping pace with technological change, roadmaps, and best practices
How will you get there?
- 5+ years of experience architecting, developing and integrating full-stack, multi-tier, scalable, reliable, cost-efficient web applications that leverage off the shelf solutions
Frontend (Nodejs, npm, TypeScript, AngularJS V7+, CSS3, Karma, Jasmine)
Backend (Java8, Python, Docker)
Data and storage best practices (relational and non-relational databases, multi-tier storage strategies)
- Experience applying design and test best practices and tools (unit testing, integration testing, e2e testing, TDD, DDD, BDD, performance testing, Junit5, mokito, cucumber)
- Experience with microservices architectures and web services: SOAP, authentication, authorization, RESTful APIs
- Experience with build and deploy tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience on Linux scripting languages (Bash)
- Experience developing solutions with AWS services
- Experience in DevOps cycles with continuous integration, testing, continuous delivery, monitoring, and support
- Experience working under Agile|Scrum software development
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions; willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as an opportunity presents
- Highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes and explain them to others
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent engineering disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Developing Industrial IOT solutions with frameworks like Kepware or Thingworx
- Experience developing solutions with multiple deployment models (on-prem, hybrid and in the cloud)
- Experience Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- PhD or Master of Science in Computer Science related specialties
- Experience in digital transformation and innovation frameworks
- A healthy sense of humor and appreciation for quirky and geeky antics around the office
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Tijuana, Mexico. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
Apply on company website