When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Data Governance
Location/Business Groups: Analytical Instrument and Life Science Groups (Carlsbad, Waltham, Grand Island, Paisley - Start with Remote)
This role supports the newly built Data Governance Office. The role will own the transition of data standards from approval to execution and ongoing management throughout the project lifecycle. This will involve working closely with business and IT partners in a variety of businesses and disciplines, understanding their business needs and system capabilities and enabling them to adopt the standard in a manner that is both practical and beneficial to their mission. This is a critical data governance role accountable for definition and standardization of data domains across divisional lines of business. This high transparency position provides effective coordination and alignment among various data stewards and functional leaders for a set data domain or organization.
Drive Data Governance actions and culture as various business and IT partners look for support and direction.
- Partner with the Data Governance Office to ensure a smooth transition from standard release to project definition to execute upon these standards
- Work with and support group, divisional and BU level data stewards and system SMEs who will be working as part of the broader teams implementing these standards.
- Provide regular updates to the Data Governance Office and multi-functional partners on progress of in-flight projects and raise any roadblocks to successful execution
- Identify any deviations to standards through the implementation process and work with standards lead to update the relevant documentation
- Assist in building a community of data governance practitioners through socializing events or use of collaboration sites
- Ensure technology considerations are assessed as part of project planning process
- Work with the DGO and multi-functional partners to build an annual roadmap of projects and socialize the benefits of these to secure accurate funding is budgeted and resources allocated
How you will get here:
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required with a Master's Degree optional. Ideal subject areas studied would include business, finance, operations or economics.
- 7+ years of proven experience within finance, supply chain, commercial or IT ideally with experience in large projects across multiple groups
- 7+ years progressive experience in a project-based role in a multi-functional area such as finance, commercial support and Business Intelligence
- Experience working in a data driven environment where accuracy and change control were a focus
- Awareness of technologies and data sources that could be utilized to ensure increased success in governance (e.g. Dun & Bradstreet, Bloomberg)
- Willing to learn and adopt project management frameworks such as Scrum
- Flexibility with working hours to suit project needs (support varying time zones)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82349128
Apply on company website