Job Title: Senior Manager Human Resources (or Business HR Partner)
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This Senior Manager Human Resources role will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, and provide strategic HR leadership for the IT function within the Customer Channels Group (CCG) and select functions within the Research and Safety Market Division (RSD).
How will you make an impact?
As the Business HR Partner (Senior Manager) for CCG and select functions within RSD, you will partner with leaders to focus on people strategy, organizational development, and business consulting. Acting as a sparring partner and consultant, you will collaborate with the group / division HR leaders, and leverage Platform and Field HR stakeholders to develop and implement talent strategies, workforce plans, change management initiatives and employee engagement support. This role will work within a matrix organization where stakeholder management and influential leadership skills are critical.
What will you do?
- Serve as trusted advisor and sparring partner to assigned leadership team members. Leverage coaching techniques and feedback to advise and coach business leaders on management style, effectiveness and impact.
- Support and influence design and development of operating models, structures, mechanisms, and workforce plans that drive group and division strategy and annual priorities. Create and support plans to identify and address the talent acquisition, development, and retention objectives (e.g. diversity and inclusion).
- Diagnose people and capabilities gaps (e.g. performance, talent, compensation) between actual and desired state; support and influence targeted interventions and development plans.
- Facilitate the talent management process, leading HRR preparation and succession planning discussions within the assigned business groups.
- Advance the performance of the organization by developing individual and team capability to optimize performance. Leverage tools and support from HR Platforms, Field HR and HR Services as appropriate.
- Support the implementation and execution of HR processes and programs, in conjunction with Platform and Field HR colleagues, to increase the productivity, competence, and engagement/morale of the organization. Advises site and corporate HR departments on developments which could have broader impact.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial or Organizational Psychology or other related discipline or equivalent. MBA, masters degree or advanced education, training, and/or certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Human Resources business partnering experience
- A demonstrated track record of positive results, particularly impacting growth, bottom line profitability, talent and cultural change.
- Experience successfully operating in a matrix organization environment; ability to execute and influence across geographic/functional lines.
- Demonstrated business acumen and working knowledge of organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, and talent management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communication and change management skills required.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships both vertically and horizontally, and to coach and influence leaders in the organization.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work with minimal direction.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website