Position Summary: Senior Manager, Product Management- Field and Safety Instruments
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission: we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. With revenues in excess of $35 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we are uniquely positioned to provide our employees with the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information:
The Field and Safety Instrument (FSI) business manufactures and markets a leading portfolio of instruments designed to make the world safer, serving global customers across Industrial & Applied, Pharma & Biotech, Government and Healthcare end markets. Leveraging a wide variety of technology platforms for molecular, elemental and radiological analysis, the business's diverse portfolio of field-based products enables productivity for customers with real-time, easy-to-understand answers. The FSI Product Management and Marketing teams are charged with ensuring the success of the overall product portfolio.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager, Product Management will oversee the Elemental & Molecular Instrument Portfolio within FSI. You will coach and mentor a small product management team to develop successful new products and programs that lead to growth in new and existing segments of interest. You will also drive revenue and profitability targets, pricing and margin strategies and direct day-to-day product management to support commercial and operational activities.
This position is based remotely in the US with a preference of Eastern or Midwestern cities.
What will you do?
- Leads and mentors a small team of product managers to achieve overall product management objectives, product vitality, revenue growth and profitability targets.
- Builds the product roadmap pipeline through the initiation and launch of New Product Introductions (NPIs).
- Directs the global product line strategy through the development of product and marketing strategies.
- Identifies market opportunities by leading Voice of Customer activities, understanding and sizing the market, and partnering with marketing and commercial teams
- Partners with R&D to translate customer and market needs to a pipeline of innovation and ensures excellence for launches through each stage of the established new product development and introduction process.
- Develops compelling and wholistic product and service messaging and strategies that address customer and market challenges.
- Partners with strategic marketing, applications scientists and downstream marketing to align strategy and execution of marketing efforts for the products in the portfolio.
- Drives product support strategy, including commercial and service enablement and training, as well as customer education and resources.
- Collaborates with commercial team to align on sales pipeline objectives and builds effective customer feedback loops to translate insight into better solutions and targeted marketing strategies.
- Defines end-to-end product lifecycle requirements for the business and executes on all product related tasks including portfolio optimization, portfolio strategies and pricing plans, driving continuous improvement in cross-functional processes.
- Supports ongoing analysis of end market, application, regional and competitive dynamics to understand market size and growth, technology trends, and current / future customer needs.
- Coaches, mentors and develops talent for product management best practices and overall career development growth opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required in business, marketing, or scientific field; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 7+ years' experience in product management and/or product marketing including experience in full lifecycle management and stage gate product development.
- 2+ years' direct supervisory and/or people leadership experience mandatory.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- An influential change maker and self-starter who thrives in an environment where there is opportunity to build from the ground up.
- Skilled in leveraging financial acumen, analytical reasoning, market and competitor knowledge to develop strategic product plans, as well as to prioritize team's execution efforts.
- Demonstrated ability in building collaborative relationships across functions within a global business.
- Excellent business judgment and ability to remain agile, working to move complex issues to resolution quickly and effectively.
- Strong project management skills and able to balance multiple and sometimes shifting priorities
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation abilities.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website