Job Title: Senior Manager Technical Program Design (REMOTE USA)
Requisition ID: 156264BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Remote USA / Pharma Services Group – Viral Vectors (VVS)
How will you make an impact?
You will be involved with new business development activities and business strategy working both with Leadership and Clients.
What will you do?
• Assist Business Development in advancing new business opportunities by providing technical knowledge and CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls) support to client's leadership. Effective interact skills with internal stakeholders and SMEs.
• Design a technical scope of work for viral vector process development, pre-clinical production, clinical manufacture, process characterization, process performance qualification or commercial production. Provide technical solutions and options that assist Clients in achieving their viral vector development and business goals. Interact scientifically and technically with client technical decision-makers and influencers to effectively communicate scientific and business value propositions.
• Support the promotion of VVS's technical expertise and services through active participation in Cell and Gene Therapy and biotechnology conferences, trade shows and exhibitions, thought leadership groups. Develop and present to external groups include trade associations and scientific organizations.
• Support new Marketing initiatives and the publication of scientific articles and white papers by providing expert technical advice as required.
• Participate in technical and strategic Requests for Proposals (RFP) discussions with the client and design a technical scope of work for viral vector process development. Collaborate with Operations on technical scope.
• Stay current with emerging trends in viral vector manufacturing.
• Ability to travel monthly either domestically or internationally 25-50%.
How will you get here?
Master's in science (MS) in related field (ie, biology, pharmaceutical, engineering). A related Bachelor's degree can be considered with 8+ years relevant experience.
• 5+ years' experience in biologics or gene therapy development and manufacturing industry.
• 3+ years' experience in viral vector development and manufacturing industry.
• Expertise in production of techniques used for cell and viral bank generation.
• Knowledge of methodology for viral vector production.
• Expertise in viral vector production and purification techniques.
• Knowledge of different analytical assay techniques used for characterization and release of viral vectors.
• Knowledge of cGMP, FDA and ICH requirements.
• Knowledge of aseptic and sterile fill finish techniques
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82477232
Apply on company website